Immediate First Aid
1) If the bird is alive and lying still, approach quietly and carefully place a blanket or thick towel over the bird’s head.
2) Wrap the rest of the bird up, taking extreme care to stay away from the feet.
3) Place the bird in a box or a container as you do not want the bird to get loose in the car.
4) Call the number of the nearest town listed below.
5) If the bird is mobile, try to corner him. He should lay down, then proceed as above
Perth – Yvonne Sitko Bird of Prey Centre-0438 388 383
Geraldton - Janelle EndeJust Raptors – 0429 028 711
Meekatharra – Jo Burgemeister 0428 952 791
Carnarvon - Mary Geyer PWCA – 0439 694 317
Karratha – Rose Best PWCA – 0438 924 842
Broome – Lesley Baird Chelonia Wildlife – 9193 5409
TOOT YOUR HORN FOR WEDGE-TAIL EAGLES